Google
 

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Week review

Well It was a short week for me, only got 2 trades, of which only one is legitimate. I'll explain below:

Thursday was a news day, as most of you know, so trading during that time was risky. According to the system I'm trading rules say that I must exit a trade before news.
I had two signals that day, one before and one after the news. I took the first one, and ended up closing on +14 pips. The second signal was right after thet news, but was canceled out by the fact that the MACD indicator was allready negative, according to Pip Surfer over at Babypips. So normally, acording to system rules, I shouldn't have taken this trade. But seeing how i was home at the time and thinking I might not catch another signal this week, I took the trade, and ended up with +50 pips on this one. Nevertheless, I was lucky and careless, and I've made a promise to myself to never break the rules again like this... next time I might not be so lucky. :) I just hope I can hold myself to it. Sorry for not giving enough details on this update, but i'm really tired from work and can't wait to get some sleep.


So basically that's it for this week, I've made 64 pips, of which only 14 are legit. :) 
Have a great weekend and good luck next week!